27 days ago
Edward Mann is recruiting for a large not-for-profit business based in Palmerston, Darwin. It is a permanent position paying up to $75k + Super. You will also have access to salary packaging, which could be the equivalent of circa $90k outside of NFP.
The role offers other exclusive benefits such as 5 weeks annual leave, parking on site and continuous professional development.
This position is open to candidates who are willing to relocate to Darwin, which includes a 4k relocation bonus and company vehicle & accommodation for the first 2 weeks.
Our client is looking for an Assistant Accountant to be a key member of a subunit. Under the direction of an Accountant, and in an enterprise resource planning environment, you will be undertaking quality control and high-level accounts processing.
• Work closely with the Senior account to assist them with their daily, monthly, quarterly and year end reporting requirements using manual and electronic systems.
• Assist with posting of various journals and reconciliation of various accounts as assigned by the senior accountant.
• Prepare accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual analysis and management reports.
• Attend department manager review meetings with the senior accountant.
• Assist the senior accountant with various ad-hoc projects and improvement initiatives.
• Lead team compliance with departmental checklists on behalf of the Accountant.
• Work with internal customers to maximise their understanding of their financial accounts.
• Provide input to improve financial systems.
• Assist less experienced Finance Officers with system familiarisation.
• Any other duties as within the capability and directed by an Accountant.
Skills and Experience:
• Demonstrated experience in finance, accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting
• Strong analytical skills and a commitment to professionalism and meeting deadlines.
• Effective communicator with strong written and verbal communicational skills
• Use of Microsoft Dynamic 365 or similar ERP system.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.