9 days ago
Edward Mann is seeking a Financial/Tax Accountant on behalf of a well-respected Architectural, Design and Construction business based in Canberra ACT. Our client works to deliver high quality developments for individuals and investor groups with exceptional service and flawless project execution.
The role is based in Canberra and is paying up to $140k + super depending on experience.
They are looking for Financial/Tax Accountant that will work closely with several key stakeholders & the Deputy CFO to support completion and delivery of the group’s financial, taxation and compliance requirements. You will look to achieve improved business outcomes and deliverables for the finance function
The ideal candidate will have experience managing direct & indirect tax matters, participating in the audit, performing forecast activities, and assisting with general financial reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the region’s largest & fastest growing property development and construction business. The environment is fast paced and will enable further learning, progression opportunities and a true finance business partner role. The candidate will also have access to excellent perks!
· Assist Deputy CFO in managing Direct (such as Corporate Income Tax) and Indirect (such as FBT, Payroll, GST) tax matters for the organisation.
· Oversee the company's tax database and recommend improvements to tax related systems
· Assist the manager in identifying areas to reduce tax exposure
· Liaise with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), auditors and regulatory bodies as required
· Assist the manager in calculating Tax exposure and impact from asset disposals/structural business changes/Mergers and acquisitions etc
· Support external audit process on an annual basis and address any areas raised promptly and appropriately
· Assisting with Sales and commission forecasting
· Assisting the Finance team with month end processes
· Other ad-hoc projects to support the Deputy CFO in the financial management of the business
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and Outlook)
· Understanding of legislative tax requirements
· Able to engage and build strong relationships with stakeholders
· Excellent written, verbal, listening, presentational and interpersonal communication skills;
· Sound judgement, interpretative skills and informed decision making
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate with all levels of management, staff and consultants.
· CA/CPA Qualified – those without or studying toward will still be considered.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.