$110,000 - $120,000
over 1 year ago
Edward Mann is recruiting on behalf of a large logistics company for the position of Senior Accountant. This position directly reports to the Financial Controller and is located in Botany.
The ideal candidate they are seeking will be experienced with producing sets of management accounts, managing entities, partnering with the wider team and display an autonomous working style.
This position is paying up to $120K + Super for the ideal candidate.
· Prepare month end journals as required, review and analyse monthly results of the business.
· Conduct detailed analysis of financial performance against business KPI’s and provide comprehensive commentary to key stakeholders.
· Ensure the integrity of the general ledger and subsidiary systems.
· Prepare timely and accurate financial reports.
· Ensure Business asset values comply with Accounting standards, relevant legislation and guidelines.
· Review balance sheet items as part of the month end procedure.
· Assist the Finance Manager in end of month reporting including the development of reports on key areas within the divisions (OPEX including fuel & maintenance spend, labour, capital, other).
· Assist the Finance Manager and Financial Controller in managing the day-to-day financial performance of the business and the finance team.
· Assist the Financial Controller in preparing forecasts, strategic planning, and budgeting for the business.
· Provide high level customer focus to both internal and external customers.
· Develop knowledge of current operational and financial systems.
· Other duties as directed by the Financial Controller.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
· Possess a positive and motivated attitude.
· Excellent verbal and written communication.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Suite.
· Strong attention to detail, presentable and great problem solving skills.
· Technically proficient in accounting principles and practices.
· Proficiency using Oracle is highly desirable.
· Willing to learn new skills and processes.
· Outstanding problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
For more information, please apply ASAP.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.